turmeric powder : health benefits, daily dosage, turmeric tea method
turmeric powder which contains the active ingredient curcumin is well known with its huge number of health benefits for the overall body, hence, this article on Recent research studies will illustrate turmeric benefits beside mentioning the safe daily dosage of turmeric powder and how to make turmeric tea in details.
Turmeric is used mainly as an spice with its distinctive yellow gold colour, and the active compounds curcumin is a polyphenol, while turmeric powder is the ground form of turmeric plant, which contains in every 100 grams the following nutritional elements and compounds:
- 354 calories.
- 10 gm lipids.
- 38 mg sodium
- 2.5 mg potassium.
- 65 mg sugars
- 8 gm protein
- 183 mg Calcium.
- 4 mg Iron.
- 193 mg magnesium.
- 9.0 mg Vitamin C.
- 1.8 mg Vitamin B6
turmeric powder benefits
There are many different benefits of this powder for all body organs and systems, as follows:
- Curcumin has an anti inflammation properties which make turmeric powder is a vital natural anti-inflammatory remedy, for example, having this anti-inflamation properties; make turmeric powder is a vital treatment for arthritis.
- It contain some antioxidant compunds, so it have an excellent role in protecting the body against many serious diseases like neoplasm tumers, and you also can get more information about how to use turmeric for cancer treatment
- Maintain heart and arteries health and overall the cardiovascular system, because curcumin compund can lower the level of bad cholesterol in blood and aslo contain anti oxidants that help in getting rid the body from harmful free radicals.
- Taking curcumin powder in regular; help in reliving metabolic syndrome and anxiety and it also known for its impact on obesity.
- It can also help in maintain healthy liver and kidney, but it must be taken under control to avoid forming kidney stones.
- Having a good content of calcium, help in maintaining strong bones and protecting childs and the aged women who reached the menopause peroids from Osteoporosis.
- many studies also confirmed that curcumin is an efficient immune booster.
- Curcumin have anti diabetic properties, so it may help in maintain blood glucose levels.
- The anti inflammation properties of turmeric powder protect brain cells from damage and thus reduce the formation of amyloid plaques that lead to the development of Alzheimer’s disease.
Is it good to drink turmeric powder everyday?
All researchs nearly inviloved that the safe dosage of Turmeric Powder is 400 – 600 mg three 3 times daily for adults, how ever the high doses which may reach 8000 or 12000 mg per day is safe, except for patients who diagnosed with chronic diseases, as they should consult their doctor before taking curcumin.
read also: turmeric cancer success stories
How to make turmeric tea?
For making healthy and delicious turmeric tea, you can follows this method:
Turmeric tea components:
- One cup of water (you can replace it with milk).
- 1 tablespoon of turmeric powder.
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon powder
- 1 tablespoon of raw honey
- 1/2 tablespoon of black pepper
Turmeric tea steps:
- Leave water (or milk) to boil for 15 min.
- Add all ingredients: turmeric powder, cinnamon, black pepper to rhe boild liquid.
- Leave the mixture to steep for 10 to 20min.
- Drain the tea in an appropriate cup, the you can add the honey to sweeten and adjust the tea taste
- You can drink 2 to 3 cups of turmeric tea daily.